Skip to Content



Texas State University Forms


Advisor Forms

  • Advisor Approval Form: GI Bill® recipients need to contact an advisor for open elective courses to see if they will apply to their degree plan. Courses not applying to the degree plan cannot be certified.
  • Request for Full Time Status: GI Bill® recipients who are student teaching, completing an internship or enrolled in another program which limits their credit hours may request full time status based on their clock hours. Complete this form and bring it to the Office of Veterans Affairs for processing.
  • Parent Institution Form (PIF): GI Bill® recipients who wish to pursue a degree at Texas State University and take courses at another school must complete this form. This ensures your courses will transfer to your degree plan.
  • Dual Objective Approval Form: Complete this form if you are a GI Bill® recipient working toward two degrees here at Texas State University.


Hazlewood Exemption Forms


Department of Veterans Affairs Education Forms

  • 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training (Chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606, 1607).
  • 22-5495 Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance (Chapters 35 and 33 Fry Scholarship).
  • 28-1900 Initial Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation. Once you apply for Vocation Rehabilitation and Employment, a VA counselor will send you a letter for an appointment. This counselor will meet with you to develop a plan of services and assistance, which may or may not include training.
  • 22-1900t Tutorial Assistance.