Skip to Content

Get Your Military Experience Evaluated for Credit

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will review course work from educational experience obtained in the Armed Forces. In accordance with Education Code Section 51.3042, an eligible former member of the armed forces admitted as an undergraduate student or readmitted as an undergraduate student will be given course credit for all physical education courses Texas State requires for an undergraduate and for additional semester credit hours, not to exceed 12, to satisfy any elective course requirements for the student’s degree program for courses outside the student’s major or minor. Two hours of physical education activity credit will be awarded by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions upon receipt of Form DD214 that verifies 2 years of active military duty. The student must also submit an official high school transcript.

Other military course work may be considered for transfer credit. Acceptable forms of documentation that may be submitted include:
1. Joint Services Transcript (JST) (official transcript combining a service member's military education, training and experience with descriptions and credit recommendations developed by ACE.)
2. CCAF Transcript (Community College of the AirForce)
3. Form DD214 (Report of Separation)
4. Form DD295 (Application for the Evaluation of Learning Experience During Military Service)
Texas State grants credits for the lower and upper division baccalaureate category but does not award credit for vocational or graduate level work. Evaluations will be completed after enrollment and transfer credit is subject to approval by the student’s major department/school.